Building Services Engineer
Location: Head Office (Woodford Green)
- Assist in negotiations and development of tenders and carry out technical checks on proposed sub-contractors
- Attend progress and technical meetings as an advisor to the operational teams
- Check Gas, Electrical and other services related certification is compliant
- Manage the Site Inspection Reporting system and provide regular reports to the operational teams
- Providing advice and support to ensure that designs and installations meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Liaise closely with in-house and external designers, providing advice and guidance on practical aspects of mechanical and electrical installations
- Monitor (not supervise) sub contractor’s electrical and mechanical works
- Investigate and resolve technical issues put forward by the operational teams on the various contracts in hand
- Advising on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
- Provide regular reports to your Manager on progress and status of the various activities and works being undertaken
- Minimum accredited degree qualified
- Professional qualifications and/or institute membership desirable
- Significant professional background in Building Services (with stable employment with the same company/group for three or more years).
- Suitable experience of new build residential projects, including communal heating and CHP
- A good appreciation of other design disciplines
- A good understanding of CfSH, Lifetime homes and Secured by Design
- Good technical and interpersonal skills
- Capable or working with minimal supervision
- Must be a team player
- Competitive salary, pension, healthcare cover, car allowance/business mileage, 26 days annual leave.
- Send your CV and a covering letter stating the vacancy you are applying for, where you heard about the vacancy, why you are suitable for this role and your current salary via email. References may be requested.
An Equal Opportunities Employer